- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Ice Age Mammals
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Lee and Grant
- Lone Star Lizards
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
Summer Nature Camp
Registration begins for the Contributor/Benefactor/President Circle levels on April 8th. Open registration begins on May 6th. Refer to the Registration Schedule below for details.
Summer Nature Camp 2013
An educational experience awaits your child at the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History’s annual Summer Nature Camp! Studying science and history helps children to know and understand the world around them.
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History offers your child this opportunity in a safe, fun, and educational setting. Through non-traditional teaching techniques, campers are encouraged to explore science, animal behavior, history, and their local environment using interactive lessons and educational games and crafts.
The Museum facilities include classroom areas, the Discovery Room, and a 40-acre park, all used to enhance your child's learning experience. Our staff members are experienced teachers and, to ensure personalized instruction, classes are kept small, with a teacher to student ratio of 1:10. Of course, this means classes fill quickly, so you will want to register soon!
Each session lasts one week, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Camp sessions are divided by age groups (4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-12) or grade completed (PK-K, 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-
Before Camp and After Camp
Before Camp and After Camp care are available at an additional cost. Before Camp runs from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM at $25/week. After Camp runs from 3:00 pm to 5:15 PM at $50/week. (Days can be pro-rated at $5/day and $10/day, respectively.) Campers must arrange Before Camp and After Camp care prior to the week needed.
An additional $1/minute will be charged for pick-up after 5:20 PM.
April 8th: for Contributor, Benefactor, President’s Circle Members ($250+).
April 15th: for Sponsor Level Members ($150+).
April 22nd: for Family Level Members ($100+).
May 6th: Open Registration
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. A 50% deposit will save and confirm your place in the camp session. We MUST have your total camp fee no later than noon of the Friday before the first day of your registered camp session. If we do not receive your total payment, your child may be removed from the list to accommodate another camper from the waiting list. Deposits are non-refundable.
Become a Member and receive camper discounts, priority registration, free Museum admission, and a $5 coupon to our Museum store.
The Museum will offer waiting lists for interested patrons when camp sessions are full. We will call parents by noon on the Friday before your requested camp session to let you know if a spot has become available.
Museum membership brings each camper discounts, free Museum admission, and our newsletter.
Help support the Museum through your membership and receive discounts and free Museum passes today!
$10 off 2nd, 3rd, 4th child per week if you pre-register 2 or more siblings.
An additional $5 off per week when a child pre-registers for 3 or more camp sessions.
* Pre-registration must be complete before the first week of camp in order to receive discounts.
** Offer not valid if registration takes place after June 11th.
Summer Extension Day Camps (SEDC): Use Your Senses!
Dates and Times
August 19 - August 23, 2013
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Members: $40/day or $150/week
Non-members: $45/day or $170/week
Monday (8/19): Sight
Tuesday (8/20): Smell
Wednesday (8/21): Taste
Thursday (8/22): Hearing
Friday (8/23): Touch