- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Grass Roots: African Origins of an American Art
- Ice Age Mammals
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- Texas: Vanishing Habitats and Species
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Lee and Grant
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Lone Star Lizards
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
2013 Summer Nature Camp Sessions
2013 Summer Nature Camp
For complete details, please visit Summer Nature Camp.
June 10–June 14: Milky Way Mysteries
Come with us as we unravel the mysteries of our planet’s home - the Milky Way - in a week that promises to be filled with out of this world adventure! We will delve into space exploration history, learn about the tools used to study space, and discover exciting new pathways in space exploration.
June 17–June 21: Zoology 101
From ants to zebras, we’ll explore the many animals that make up the animal kingdom. We’ll have fun learning why they do the amazing things they do! If you love animals, then you’ll love this week. Journey with us on a safari of discovery as we travel into the animal world!
June 24–June 28: Art in Nature
How do the sights, sounds, and smells of nature inspire artists? Let your child embrace their artistic side! We will teach them how to use their experience from the natural world to create their very own inspired master-pieces.
July 1–July 5: Get Hooked on Pirates
Land Ho! Join us as we learn about what it was like to live the life of a pirate. Learn the histories of famous pirates and the role they played in maritime history. We’ll also have some fun designing our own treasure maps and much more!
July 8–July 12: Slugs, Bugs, and More
What’s creepy and crawly and calls your backyard home? If you like spiders, frogs, snakes, and similar animals, you can’t miss this week! Join us as we embrace our creepy crawly neighbors and learn to watch out for some of these critters.
July 15–July 19: Walk with the Egyptians
How did the Egyptians build the pyramids? What was the process of mummification? What stories do hieroglyphics share with us today? Uncover the an-swers to these questions and more as we learn about an ancient culture that still fascinates us to this day.
July 22–July 26: NO CAMP THIS WEEK
July 29–August 2: Prehistoric Pals
Let’s travel through time to learn all about the prehistoric creatures that once roamed the Earth. From trilobites to dinosaurs to giant Ice Age animals, we’ll dig through fossil records to discover all you ever wanted to know about these mysterious prehistoric creatures!
August 5–August 9: Going Green
Let’s go GREEN! Have fun exploring the many things we recycle, and learn why water conservation is so important to our favorite animals. Join us as we create our own projects, learn how to make recycled paper, and discover the many ways we help care for Earth.
August 12–August 16: Gadgets & Gizmos: Engineering for Kids
What exactly is engineering? Journey with us this week as we learn about the different fields in engineering and introduce the basic building blocks of future engineers. We’ll learn how to make simple machines and find creative ways to accomplish everyday tasks!