- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Crystallography: Where Art & Science Collide
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Ice Age: Brazos Valley and Beyond
- Ice Age Mammals
- Inuit: the art of survival
- Monitor & Virginia: Ironclads at War
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- Reconstructing the USS Westfield, A Civil War Gunboat
- Road to Discovery: the Parent Child Interface
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Grass Roots: African Origins of an American Art
- Lee and Grant
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Lone Star Lizards
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Texas: Vanishing Habitats and Species
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
Rockin' and Rollin' 50th Birthday Celebration
7:00 - 11:00 PM
Brazos Center, Bryan
Desserts, Dancing, Classic Cars,
Dance & Best Dressed contest,
Soda Fountain, and more!
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History announces Rockin’ and Rollin’, 50s Style Birthday Celebration, on Saturday, April 2, 2011, 7-11 pm in the Brazos Center Ballroom. This event celebrates the Museum’s 50 years of service to Brazos Valley and the State of Texas. The evening will feature dancing with authentic 50s music by DJ Stevo, performances by M.A. Sterling and the Brazos Valley Troupe, a 50s dance lesson and demo by Shelly Gallaway and Ray Garcia of Brazos Ballroom Dance Studio, delicious desserts, a soda fountain, and classic cars from the Brazos Valley Street Beasts. You may even get a chance to try a HULA HOOP!
The Museum will be open free to guests, and party activities will also include a prize for best 50s attire, and one for best 50s style couple dancing. There will be a raffle drawing for ten spectacular prizes including an authentic 50s record collection, a beautiful Native American Shield, a weekend stay at a B&B, a Benjamin Knox Print, and more! Raffle tickets are $10 each or 11 for $100. Tickets may be purchased from Board members or at the Museum; you do not have to be present to win.
Each year, the Museum reaches over 30,000 citizens and visitors to the Brazos Valley with tours, lectures, exhibits, classes, special events, and outreach programs for all ages emphasizing natural and cultural history, science education and conservation of natural resources. All proceeds will benefit the Museum’s annual operating fund in support of these and other activities.
Rockin’ and Rollin’ tickets are currently on sale at the Museum and may be purchased over the phone. Individual tickets for the event are $25; $10 for students.
RSVP TODAY - 979.776.2195
Join us as we ROCK n’ ROLL into our next 50 years!
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History cordially invites you to join us as a sponsor for Rockin’ & Rollin’, celebrating our 50 years of service to the Brazos Valley.
As a Sponsor, you have the opportunity to:
- celebrate our natural and cultural history and 50 years of the Museum’s service to the Brazos Valley
- demonstrate your leadership as an individual who values education in the arts and sciences
- support the Museum in providing quality educational and cultural programs that enhance our quality of life
In appreciation for your support, we provide a variety of sponsorship benefits listed in the Rockin' and Rollin' Sponsorship Flyer.