- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Ice Age Mammals
- Monitor & Virginia: Ironclads at War
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- Reconstructing the USS Westfield, A Civil War Gunboat
- Road to Discovery: the Parent Child Interface
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Grass Roots: African Origins of an American Art
- Lee and Grant
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Lone Star Lizards
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Texas: Vanishing Habitats and Species
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
Save the Date: 2nd Annual Buffalo Stampede
At the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History
3232 Briarcrest Drive
Bryan, TX 77802
Join us for the Second Annual Buffalo Stampede in Aggieland! Beautiful course, a well organized safe run with water stops, live music (provided by the Brazos Valley Community Band), cool T-shirts for all, unique buffalo age-group awards, plus post-race fruit and support. Don't miss the fun -- you might even see our Bison mascot!
Join us at the fascinating Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History and AFTER the race, stay for an awards ceremony and Boonville Days, a living history fair displaying frontier skills, arts, and crafts. Fun for the entire family, festive Boonville Days activities will be inside and outside the Museum!
5K Race and 10 Mile Race
Slight uphill out and downhill back; smooth and fast.
These are Chrono Track Systems timed races on USATF Certified courses benefiting the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. Run-Far will be conducting the race and race results will be available at http://run-far.net
Buffalo Stampede Course Map [1.3 MB PDF]
Race Amenities [PDF] - Race Route with police, flaggers, water stations, and portable toilets marked
Randy Matson, the only Olympic gold medal winner in the Brazos Valley, will be shooting the starting gun for our races. Come meet a true athlete from your community!
Registration and Event Details
For more information and to register online, visit Buffalo Stampede on Active.com.
Paper entry fees are as follows:
5K: $25 before Sept. 1, and $30 until Sept. 28
10 Miler: $40 online through Sept. 30, $45 for paper registration on race day
Special buffalo sculpture trophies will be given to overall male and female winners.
First, second, and third place awards will be given in each 10-year age group. Age-group awards will be buffalo head trophies for first place and buffalo medallions for second and third places. Age-groups will be 12 and under; 13-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; and 70+.
Event will be held RAIN or SHINE.
Please note that the entrance to the Brazos Center and the Museum from Briarcrest will be closed to protect the runners.
Please turn right from Briarcrest into the Target shopping center (just prior to the Brazos Center entrance) at the stop light. Proceed straight past Target, and turn left at the end of the Target building. This drive will take you into the back of the Brazos Center Parking lot. Please park at the back, and in the center areas. Volunteers will be on hand to help direct you for parking. You will need to exit in the same manner.
Thank you for your cooperation; it will help us ensure the safety of our runners.
Parking Map [PDF] - Parking, location of registration and
pickup booths, and entrance and exit from the parking lot.
Will be presented to all participants, guaranteed on or before race day only for registrations before September 1st.
This event will benefit the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History.
Race packets may be picked up at the Museum on Thursday, Sept. 30 & Friday, October 1st, 10-5pm.
Volunteers are always welcome and greatly appreciated! Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Form [PDF] - Either mail the form to the Museum (Attn: Buffalo Stampede Volunteers) or drop it by the Museum in person.
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History cordially invites you to join us in sponsoring our 2nd Annual Buffalo Stampede to be held on October 2, 2010, at 7:30 am at the Brazos Center in Bryan.
As a Buffalo Stampede Sponsor, you have the opportunity to:
- celebrate our natural and cultural history and almost 50 years of the Museum’s service to the Brazos Valley,
- demonstrate your leadership as an individual who values education in the arts and sciences, and
- support the Museum in providing quality educational and cultural programs and enhancing our quality of life.
In appreciation for your support, we provide a variety of sponsorship benefits listed on the Sponsorship Registration Form and Flyer [PDF].
Plan to stick around after the race and enjoy this festive living history fair!