- List of Exhibits
- Brazos Spring Mural
- Carter Creek Nature Trail
- Cotton Farming in the Brazos Valley
- Discovery Room
- Flying Reptiles of the Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Frithiof Fossil Collection
- Ice Age Mammals
- Native American Stone Tools
- Ranching and Chuck Wagon Display
- Shells: The Elegant Armor of Mollusks
- The Mary Terrell
- The Republic of Texas
- Past Exhibits
- Astronomy’s New Messengers
- Bandits & Heroes, Poets & Saints: Popular Art of the Northeast of Brazil
- Capturing Time: The Story of Early Photography
- Crystallography: Where Art & Science Collide
- Educator's Showcase
- Educator's Showcase 2011
- Educator Showcase
- El Camino Real de los Tejas
- Enduring Transformation: The Kazakh People in a Changing World
- Farm Life: A Century of Change for Farm Families and Their Neighbors
- From Earth to the Universe
- Getting to the Core: The JOIDES Resolution
- Grass Roots: African Origins of an American Art
- Ice Age: Brazos Valley and Beyond
- Inuit: the art of survival
- Lee and Grant
- Legacy - The Astin Family
- Lizards: Nature's Living Art
- Lone Star Lizards
- Monitor & Virginia: Ironclads at War
- Neches Journeys: Land River and People
- Rarámuri: Runners of the Sierra Madre
- Reconstructing the USS Westfield, A Civil War Gunboat
- Road to Discovery: the Parent Child Interface
- TARZAN: Myth & Mystery
- Texas: Vanishing Habitats and Species
- Texas Writers and J. Frank Dobie: Texan Legend
- The Bison: American Icon
- The Brogdon Hotei
- The CADDO: Traditions and Heritage
- The Shogun Age in Japan
- Two Views of Indigenous Bolivia
- VANISHED: German-American Civilian Internment in Texas, 1941-48
- Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of the American Landscape Painting
- Wrapped in Pride: Ghanaian Kente and African American Identity
- Getting Involved
- Events and News
The Wright Stuff: A Tribute to Mike Wright
Thursday, January 5, 2017
Miramont Country Club
Laughter, Stories, Awards, Live Music, Raffle, Auction, & More
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History proudly presents: The Wright Stuff: A Tribute to Mike Wright, at the Miramont Country Club on Thursday, January 5, 2017. The evening will begin with cocktails at 6pm followed by dinner at 7pm. It is a wonderful opportunity to thank Mike for all of the outstanding support he has given to our arts community over the years. It will be an evening filled with great food, humorous and entertaining stories, music, and fun.
- Reserved tables of 10 start at $1800 and Individual Tickets are $150. Individual tickets & tables will be sold now through January 1st or until they are sold out.
- The $1,800 Sapphire Sponsor Level includes recognition in a newspaper thank you, event program recognition, and a VIP reserved table of 10.
- The $3000 Emerald Sponsor Level includes recognition on Facebook, press releases, newspaper ads, and a newspaper thank you; event program recognition; 2 complimentary raffle tickets; and a VIP reserved table of 10.
- The $5,000 Ruby Sponsor Level includes recognition on Facebook, press releases, newspaper ads, and newspaper thank you; event program recognition; 4 complimentary raffle tickets; 2 bottles of wine and table gifts; and VIP reserved table of 10.
- $10,000 Diamond Sponsor Level includes logo recognition on Facebook, press releases, newspaper ads, and newspaper thank you; event program recognition; 6 complimentary raffle tickets; 3 bottles of wine and table gifts; personal table and bar service; and VIP elegant décor table of 10.
Don’t miss this chance to honor a great man! Call the Museum for more information and to RSVP: 979.776.2195. Seating is limited, so don’t delay. Checks may also be mailed to: Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History, Attn: Tribute to Mike Wright, 3232 Briarcrest Drive, Bryan, Texas 77802. Tables are limited: reserve your table as soon as possible — this event is expected to sell out!
About Mike Wright
Mike Wright is Vice President and General Manager of CBS affiliates KWTX-TV News 10 Waco-Temple-Killeen and KBTX-TV News 3 Bryan-College Station. He has been an employee of KBTX since 1991, adding KWTX to his responsibilities in January 2014. Wright was honored by the Texas Association of Broadcasters as the 2013 Texas Broadcaster of the Year. He is a member of the Blinn College Hall of Honor, receiving a Distinguished Alumnus Award.
Wright served for seven seasons as radio play-by-play announcer for the Texas A&M Women’s Basketball Program on the Texas A&M Sports Network and is currently a play-by-play announcer for ESPN’s “SEC Network+” telecasts of Texas A&M Women’s Basketball. He has also served as the voice of A&M Consolidated Tiger Football on WTAW radio for the past 25 seasons. Throughout his career, he has received numerous awards from The Associated Press and Texas Association of Broadcasters as a play-by-play announcer.
Mike and his wife, Bethany, have been married for 21 years and are proud parents of 16-year old twins, Macy and Mason. A native of Mexia, Texas, Wright holds an Associate of Arts from Blinn College and a Bachelor of Arts in Radio-TV-Film from Baylor University.
Raffle of David Yurman Bracelet, Chain, & Enhancer
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History proudly announces the raffle of a beautiful David Yurman bracelet & ring during Crazy for YOU: a Tribute to Ann Wiatt.
Raffle Tickets are currently on sale for stunning jewelry donated by David Gardner’s Jewelry in honor of The Wright Stuff: A Tribute to Mike Wright.
Come by the Museum to purchase tickets and see the beautiful David Yurman Blue Topaz and Diamond enhancer, bracelet, and sterling silver chain worth $4250. Tickets are $25 each or 5 for $100.
The drawing will take place at the Tribute on January 5th, and attendance is not required to win.
About the Museum
The Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History is open to visitors Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm. Regular admission fees: adults $5; seniors/students/children $4; children 3 and under are free. To learn more about this and other Museum events, activities and exhibitions call 979-776-2195, browse this website, or follow us on Facebook.
Sue Lee / Ellen & Rod Thornton
Twin City Properties / Parten Wakefield
Arts Council of Brazos Valley
Brazos Valley Council of Governments
Brazos Valley Symphony Society
Bryan Broadcasting/Molly Watson
BVMNH Board of Trustees
CHI St. Joseph’s
City of Bryan
Copy Corner/The Ellison Firm
Bonnie & Otway Denny / Lou Ann & Mike McKinney
Rep. Bill Flores/Rep. John Raney / Rep. Kyle Kacal
Friends of Junction 505
Oldham Goodwin Group
Bookman & Florence Peters / Mervin & Annette Peters
Becky & Don Russell
TAMU Office of the President / Office of the Provost
United Country Real Estate / Action in Style Limos
Bethany & Mike Wright
Wells Fargo Bank
A special thank you to our in kind sponsors for the event and auction items:
Mr. & Mrs. Ray Deaver
Dee Dee & John Acklam